Epoxy resin has been gaining popularity in many different industries and fields for many different uses. One use of epoxy resin that is getting popular day by day is the use of epoxy resin to create flooring. Epoxy flooring in Pakistan has also emerged as an interesting flooring option as it truly stands out from all the other flooring options because of its distinctive properties. Also known as resinous flooring, it is highly customizable, sustainable, and decorative for any surface.
WHAT IS EPOXY FLOORING?
In easy words, epoxy flooring is a unique floor material. It is used when the floor has completely dried down, set, and smoothed. It is important that the concrete has dried and all the grease has been removed. This will allow the resin to cure properly, or else the resin will not bond with the concrete. First, the epoxy resin is mixed with a hardening substance. The ratio in which the compounds are supposed to be mixed is usually written on the packaging. The two products need to be mixed properly to have optimum results.
Epoxy floors are classified as an epoxy coating of at least 2 millimeters thick. Any epoxy floor less than 2 millimeters is known as an epoxy floor coating.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF EPOXY FLOORING IN PAKISTAN
There are multiple types of epoxy floorings. Each has a distinctive feature and has a different use. Epoxy flooring in Pakistan is used in a number of industries, and each industry has a different requirement. Different types of epoxy floors have different looks to each of them, and they serve a different purpose.
- Self-leveling epoxy floors: Usually used to cover up cracks, damaged concrete floors or to create a smooth, durable, leveled texture on the surface of the floor. It provides a shiny seamless look and comes in multiple appealing colors.
- Epoxy Mortar Floors: This epoxy floor consists of 100% solid epoxies and graded sand. This type of flooring is ideal for chemically resistant spaces that can withstand a great deal of impact.
- Quartz-filled epoxy floors: This is a mixture of high-performance epoxy polymer resin and stained quartz grains. This flooring is used for decorative spaces that also need slip-resistant properties.
ARE EPOXY FLOORS WATERPROOF?
Epoxy flooring is waterproof and durable. As it is seamless, it makes it impossible for other liquids to seep into cracks and other hazardous areas, making epoxy resin an effective system to protect porous concrete from splashes.
Epoxy flooring is a great option to be used in places where there is a lot of water, for example, pool decks. There are also some types of epoxy flooring that are specially designed to combat UV rays, maintaining their color for years.
PROS OF HAVING EPOXY FLOORINGS
- Aesthetics: the flooring has a different variety of gloss levels and can be applied as a seamless, easy-to-clean floor.
- Maintenance: Epoxy is a seamless and impermeable flooring option. It protects the concrete substrate from all types of chemicals, dirt, and liquids.
- Durability: As a corrosive and chemical-resistant material, epoxy flooring options can meet the longevity requirements of industrial manufacturers.
- Environment Eligibility: Epoxy flooring is suitable for a variety of surroundings such as industrial, commercial, medical, food and beverage manufacturing
HOW MUCH DOES EPOXY FLOORING COST?
Material supply and installation cost considerations will vary depending on size, design, layout, and type of epoxy flooring. Total lifecycle costs are usually advantageous for epoxy floors due to their low maintenance combined with longevity and durability.
WHAT SURFACES CAN WITHSTAND EPOXY?
Epoxy resin can be applied as a coating on many different types of surfaces as long as they are smooth. Here are some surfaces that you can apply the epoxy on:
HOW LONG DO EPOXY FLOORS LAST?
The amount of time for which the epoxy floors last mainly depends on how you preserve the surface. Epoxy flooring usually lasts for about 30 years with regular residential traffic, and epoxy flooring is very durable.
ARE EPOXY FLOORS WORTH IT?
Epoxy flooring can increase the worth of your property while making it look pleasing to the eyes. Epoxy flooring in Pakistan is catching the eyes of people now because it is very easy to maintain, is resistant to harsh chemicals and abrasions, and is highly durable. Keeping all that in mind, they are definitely worth it.